- Leaf Spots small spots with dark
borders appear on leaves spots may merge together to form blotches veins are showing up on
leaves. leaves and roots are affected. Plant is stunted in hot weather
- Dead soil over fertilized, chlorinated by city water.
- High Nitrogen, pesticides, promote diseases while killing off
beneficial soil microbes,
- Fungi is found in the soil and over winters in plant debris.
- Spread by wind, tools, pest vectors, over head watering, high humid weather. over
crowding plants , improper nutrition
- Water Logged soil.
Spray #1 first, if this doesn't work spray #2 and so on:
(see also Disease Control Chart)
- Bacterial Spray (Nitron A-35 for example), see
- see Compost Tea page,
- see Milk page
Rock dust Tea page
- Horticultural Ultra Fine Oil, see
- Eco-Oil, see oil page
- Immediate removal of infected plant parts.
- Cleaning of tool (use either bleach, alcohol or H2O3..use a mild
- Application of Compost/mulch
- Controlling overhead watering see
- Controlling pest vectors such as ants/aphids. Pest help to spread diseases. Keep
ants under control.
Long term solutions
- use certified seeds preferable certified organic.
- plant resistant varieties.
- crop rotation
- debris removal and destroy
- install soaker or drip systems
- regular applications of compost/mulch
- zero use of chemical fertilizers, pesticides.
- 100% use of Natural and Organic fertilizers.
If you have any questions or comments please use the forum or call me on
my radio shows and we can talk!
Thank You Happy Growing Organically of course!
The Invisible Gardener
This page was last updated on:
Wednesday, March 21, 2007 01:23:58 PM