Description of Pest
Rabbits are eating my garden, flower, etc.
Description of Damage
Any or all of the following problems can occur:
- seeds not growing due to rabbits eating them
- leaves have parts missing from them.
- flowers eating off
- plants pulled out and on ground.
Rabbits will eat all most anything or try to.
- One of the best ways to control rabbits in the garden is to have pets, dogs and cats.
good at keeping rabbits at bay.
- Other methods are to protect the young plants until they are old enough. Greenhouses are
good for year round protection if they are bad enough.
- A cleaver way to control their eating in your garden is to provide food for them so that
they will have enough and not look for more. Feed them away from your garden. There is a
balance to this method in that you can't feed all of the rabbits in your area! In other
words you can expect there to be some damage from rabbits and other creatures. A good
fence works against rabbits and other ground creatures. Be creative in providing
- Avoid using poison on them as this is a bad idea.
- Rabbits often don't like new smells so a strong order will keep them away. Try Garlic, blood
meal, rotten eggs, ammonia or even applying cayenne pepper around the garden will help.
Remember that this has to be done regularly since the cayenne pepper is degraded by the
sun. Try MO Hotta Mo Betta Catalog for a good source of hot chills to try.
- Try also Deer OFF. or see below
- Also try Yard Guard a Ultrasonic device which will repel dogs, cats, deer, rabbits.
- Crop Guard is another electronic device which keeps animals away.
- Havahart Deer Off II DO32RTU Deer, Rabbit, and Squirrel Repellent, 32 Ounce Ready-to-Use Spray
Many animals eat rabbits. They will help to
maintain a balance with the rabbit population.
Need more help? Why not join today?
Members, If you have a question or comment Please
use members website.
The Invisible Gardener